Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Interwebs of the Week 6/22 - 6/29

I decided that periodically (meaning as often as I can remember) I will highlight some of my favorite posts from the week or recent past.  This week there is definitely a flavor of Horus Heresy to the posts because it has been heavily on my mind as I try to figure out the way I'm going to paint my resin addiction.  This is one of the ways that I started following a lot of awesome blogs and getting really inspired in my own hobby.  Without further ado here are the posts:

The Spikey Rat Pack recently started a project to model a full army of Squats using the new dwarf models.  This is by far the coolest model he has made yet and the integration of the dwarf model with the dreadknigh(?) body and other pieces is pretty awesome.  The paint job is also really cool and I look forward to seeing more from the blog in the near future.









Eye of Error is starting a new Dark Mechanicus Army from the wonderful fluff in the most recent Horus Heresy Book 3.  The Mechanicus models put out by Forgeworld are insanely awesome and have inspired quite a few people to take up the mantle of the automatons.  This will be a really cool project to follow and don't those paint jobs look seamless?  Oh wait, they aren't actually paint jobs they are photoshop!  Frikin sweet right?  I think this army is going to look awesome and even wet my appetite for a Mechanicus army while I have so much other unpainted resin on my painting desk.



Up next is a blogpost from The Dark Templar that highlights the difficulty I am having with figuring out paint schemes.  I must admit that painting yellow the right color is ridiculously difficult and I'm running into the same problems.  Looking through his posts I can tell that he's not only going at this systematically but also that once he settles on the right color scheme it will be awesome.  I must admit that one of the reasons I am posting this here is to remind not only of the trouble with the color yellow, but also in the hope that he'll find a good recipe I can use!




The final post is from the great Dave Taylor.  I think that if you know anything about Warhammer you already know about Dave Taylor and his excellent modeling and painting skills.  He's been one of my hobby heroes for quite a long time and I even got to meet him personally at Adepticon in April which was really fun.  Among his many armies Dave has started a Death Guard one with his typically beautiful and simplistic color schemes.  If you aren't already following his blog you should be, because his modeling and painting are quite awesome.

With that we've got the end of this post.  I hope you enjoyed it, will follow these blogs, and make sure to come back and visit my blog tomorrow when I have some more Alpha Legion painting to show you. As always, comments and criticism are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment