Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Forge World Models Prep

So the wife and I made an impromptu Independence Day vacation to Vegas to see my sister and her family.  That meant that I didn't want to stay up quite so late using the airbrush and instead wanted to prepare some of the resin crack I have for future airbrushing.  I haven't yet figured out how to paint the Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists so most of these models will be painted up as Alpha Legion.

Here you see that one of the units cleaned up was an assault squad.  I honestly have no idea if they are any good in 30k, especially since they are not very good in 40k, but they look awesome!  So, lets paint them up and see what happens.

The nice thing about cleaning models is I can do it in front of the television while sitting with my wife instead of squirreled away in the man cave.  I know my wife appreciates that and I can multi-task and have fun!
If you haven't ever painted up Forge World models you have to wash them thoroughly with de-greasing hand soap to make sure that there aren't residues left on the models from the molding process.   You can see in the picture below that I like to let the models sit with lots of soap and then rinse them multiple times.  I'm new to the Forge World bandwagon so I don't know if I'm doing it right but I think it's working so far.

Hopefully I'll get these models assembled soon and start throwing some beautiful paint at them!  I hope they look as good in real life as they do in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment