Wednesday, July 30, 2014

New Job, New Gaming Group!

So, I just relocated (sorta) to the South Bay area in Northern California and as such hobby and gaming time will be a bit difficult to come by for the next few weeks.  That being said, I am really excited about this move not only for my growing little family, professional development, and life but also because I will be around much more serious gamers and hobbiers!  I have already connected with a Facebook group of a local gaming store that is running a 30k escalation league, perfect for me and my new Forgeworld projects!  The store is call Apokalypse Gaming and is located halfway between work and home which means it's perfectly placed!



Why am I so excited about Apok Gaming?  Well, there are a number of reasons actually.  First, the people running the store are former GW employees who lost their jobs when GW closed the store in the mall.  They say that there is a large community and that community is focused on WHFB, 40k, 30k, and also some obligatory X-wing and MTG.  So, the terrain and armies that were in the store when I dropped by yesterday were awesome and well painted.  Second, there's no dedicated 40k night!  Normally this drives me nuts because the store doesn't actually want people gaming just buying at their store.  However, the reason Apok Gaming doesn't have a specific night for 40k is because people are always there willing to play and hobby!  As someone who is spending the next couple months living with my in-laws in the middle of nowhere, it's really nice to know that I can drop by any day after work and get some game or hobby time in, it's always more fun with friends!  Third, they actually have a WHFB group!  With WHFB losing a lot of popularity it has meant that my possible chance to actually learn how to play the game was diminished dramatically.  However, I dropped by the store yesterday to talk to one of the employees and he's going to do a demo game at 1500 pts with me on Thursday.  I'm much too excited about that for sure.

Overall I am super excited about this store especially since I don't have anything better to do in the evenings.  I might start bringing along my models to work so that I can drop by the store when I'm done and get some modeling in while waiting for the traffic to pass.  We'll see though because I also like working in the evenings and getting paid overtime!  I didn't bring a lot of my models out with my to California but I did bring most of the Eldar Ghost Warriors box set so that should be fun.  I honestly don't know how much work I'll get done on this since I'm pretty busy training and all but it should be a small little distraction.

Anyway, maybe my next post should be about some more background on the world I created, Al-Sear Prime?  That'll be good for me to think about and write.  Have fun gaming and hobbying till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment